It’s #nutritioncorner with Coach Tonya @mnmealprep
Ready... set.... crockpot! To me, it's the BEST tool I have in my kitchen for prepping meals for myself and my family. Find a few of your favorite recipes, double it, and make one on Saturday and one on Sunday to set yourself up for the week. It requires minimal hands on time, just a few minutes to prep and you're done! These are a few of my go-to's for my family. Add a steamed veggie or your favorite salad to round out the meal.
Slow Cooker Tuscan Chicken Stew
2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs
4 large carrots
3 stalks celery
1 large onion
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon minced garlic
sea salt, to taste
ground black pepper, to taste
1 quart chicken broth
2 tablespoons Italian seasoning
2 bunches kale
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1. Slice carrots. Dice celery and onions.
2. Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium high heat. Add onion and garlic and sauté for a few minutes.
3. Season chicken with salt and pepper, then add to the skillet and brown on both sides. Remove chicken and set aside.
4. Add a little bit of chicken broth to the pan to scrape up the delicious browned bits, then pour the broth into your slow cooker.
5. Add celery, carrots, chicken, tomatoes, Italian seasoning, and remaining stock to the slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 6 hours.
6. When ready to serve, chop the kale.
7. Stir in kale, balsamic vinegar, and more salt and pepper, as needed. Let sit for 5 minutes, until kale wilts.
8. Serve and enjoy!
Check out our FB page for a second recipe - Sweet Potato Chili!! Yum 🤗